Friday, October 9, 2009

Fat Cats, Very good books, and Margaret Howell HQ




Our neighborhood cat just can't get enough!

When I filmed this, I had had enough to drink. Perhaps slightly more than enough at the book party in honor of Cally Blackman's 100 Years of Menswear . It was a lovely soiree at Margaret Howell HQ, which is probably the single best place on earth. Or at least in this country. But I digress. The book is so much better than most fashion books. It is a fabulous collection of images and traces changes in visual culture through menswear. Also, on a pragmatic level, you won't bust the spine on it like I did on that Richard Martin and Harold Koda
Jocks and Nerds: Men's Style in the Twentieth Century
. Quick note to Santa: I have already ordered it. Please buy me a new computer instead.
I recommend buying yourself this book:



And buying me this lovely 17 inch Mac Book Pro:

No comments: