Friday, October 9, 2009

HOLY SMOKES! EGGSTRODINARY

So, dear reader, I didn't eat eggs that were eggy (exception, cheese or lemon souffle, of course) until about 2 years ago. My mother's cholesterol fears hooo haa of the 80s and 90s or perhaps memories of my one dear pet chicken, Squeaky, stuck with me until one day there were some ramps and asparagus at the Union Square farmer's market. I made an omelet with roasted asparagus, ramps and parmesan. I've slowly increased my egg rep so it now includes frittatas, quiche, koo koo, fried eggs and poached eggs. There is room to grow; boiled eggs have not yet convinced me. Anyway, now we get our eggs from Stocks Farm through Growing Communities, both at our veg box pick up and at their Stoke Newington Farmers Market. Once you've had these eggs, you'll be eating eggs round the clock. These eggs are pure goodness; I'm sure that the only cholesterol they have is the good one. Didn't Michael Pollan write something about happy, healthy eggs being ok? Hungover, these eggs fried with some bacon and ketchup are positively medicinal. Anyway, we get about 12 eggs a week from these guys. So, we were making dinner. The mister cracked one egg. Then he cracked another. This second egg was EGGSTRODINARY!! NOT ONE YOLK, NOT TWO YOLKS, BUT THREE YOLKS. Look at the pick below. Count the yolks! Count the shells!

No comments: