Sunday, January 10, 2010

I LOVE SUGAR




Dear Reader, I'm knackered (or is that gnackered?). Anyway, I've been working the past 8 days straight and have another 7 or so more. Fashion, in case you are wondering, does not weekend. On the way home from picking up some patterns and samples from a manufacturer in zone 23 this afternoon, I stopped at Lidl and picked up some no name Wine Gums. As you know, I am from the usa, and we don't have wine gums, so these are a special treat for me. I was savouring them on the bus with my husband and pack mule (he was doing the heavy lifting) and thought how nice of them to label each flavor. How much like chablis this gummy tastes like, and 'oh i do love a nice port' and what not. Now that I'm digging into the bag again after dinner I've decided to research these amazing treats. Here is the wikipedia entry. It was purely the power of suggestion on my tired mind! There is no booze in wine gums! This research lead me to another interesting wikipedia listing of note:  British Confectionery! Check out the various entries.

No comments: