Monday, January 4, 2010

Reimporting Export Strength Gin: A Taste Off



To know me is to know my love of the "off." Be it bug spray, or better yet, the cook off, dance off, sing off, etc. So this holiday, we decided to test 2 diet tonic waters. Personally, I drink gin and tonics not because they taste like delicious turpentine but because of their medicinal qualities, particularly their anti malarial and anti scurvy ones. If you saw the size of the mosquitoes that breed in my work's loo, you'd get your doctor to prescribe g&ts, too. I digress. So, we tried both the Posh Tonic Water Sainsburys and their Basics brand. What did our intrepid guinea pigs have to say? It was easy to id the posh tonic water as it had a much more pleasant aftertaste, but it certainly wasn't worth the £.35/100mL price difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.